Who is eligible for the program?
To be eligible for the Winter Tire Program,you must:
- Be an individual (not corporate) Manitoba Public Insurance customer
- Purchase qualifying winter tires for a passenger vehicle or light truck registered under your name
- Not be subject to financing restrictions or have outstanding arrears on your Manitoba Public Insurance account
- Be the registered owner of the vehicle
Is there a credit bureau pulled during the application?
No, there is not credit bureau pulled. It is strictly through Manitoba Public Insurance.
Does the loan instigate a lien against the vehicle?
No, it does not. If the customer should sell the vehicle or write off a vehicle, the loan remains with the customer not the vehicle.
Can a customer who has a lease with manufacturer ownership (ex. Ford Canada) apply for the program?
Yes, they are eligible for the program but they will be required to pay the loan on the winter tires if there are payments remaining after the lease is up.
Does the loan report to the credit bureau?
No, the loan does not report to the credit bureau. Only if the customer fails to pay their loan, Manitoba Public Insurance collections officers will attempt to collect from the customer. If the attempt is unsuccessful, the debt is sold to a collection agency for further collection. At that point, it will be reported to the credit bureau.
Can I pay out my loan?
Yes you can. It is an open loan so there is no penalty to paying it earlier than the initial loan term chosen.
Where can I finance approved winter tires?
Visit a Kelleher Collision Center to purchase your tires and initiate your financing. Click HERE to shop for your winter tires.
What do I need to provide Kelleher Ford to get my winter tires?
- Provide your vehicle registration certificate and your driver’s license or identification card
- You MUST be the registered owner of the vehicle to get financing
- Select a financing term between one and four years and a monthly payment withdrawal day
- Choose between using the existing banking or credit card information on your Manitoba Public Insurance account, or have your Autopac agent contact you for the information
- Provide your phone number and preferred Autopac agent
- Read and sign the loan information (including applicable interest rate), Pre-authorized Payment Agreement, promissory note and terms and conditions
Which tires are qualified?
What can I include in financing?
You can include:
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems
- Addition of studs
- Switchover costs
- Storage costs
- Taxes and fees
Anything over $2000 you must pay the extra at time of purchase.
Are there addition fees?
There is a one-time fee of $4 per loan. This is an administration fee and will be included in the amortized loan amount.
Can you give me an example of a monthly payment?
When will I receive my payment schedule?
Once your Autopac agent processes your application, you will be mailed a payment schedule along with a copy of the form you signed at Kelleher.
Who do I contact if I have questions about my loan?
Contact your Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.